Note: Applications for EUMASLI 4 are not yet open. Subject to formalities and guidance on COVID-19, we plan to start the programme in January 2021, and application process should therefore open in the summer of 2020. More information will be provided on this website soon.
The deadline fo applications for EUMASLI 4 will be in August 2020. More information will be published during summer 2020.
- A first academic degree, preferably, but not necessarily in sign language interpreting or related subjects.
- A minimum of three year’s work experience as a practising professional sign language interpreter by the time of admission to the programme.
- Appropriate English language to fully participate in the programme (equivalent to level 6.5 of the International English Language Testing System, IELTS, corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Languages).
While the programme is not specifically designed for Deaf interpreters, we welcome applications by Deaf people who fulfil the general requirements.
Due to university regulations and national legislation, it was unfortunately impossible to harmonise the fee situation between the different universities. The situation regarding tuition fees varies, depending on the university with which students enrol.
The fees will be updated, here are the fees from year 2017:
- Heriot-Watt University: £1830 for Home and EU students (per semester); £3890 for Overseas students (per semester);
- Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences: 1500 € for the study programme per semester plus a general university fee of 63 € per semester (for all students);
- Humak University of Applied Sciences: 1050 € per semester for non-EU/EEA students plus an application fee of 100 € for applicants with a qualification completed outside the EU/EEA –area. Study programme is free for EU/ETA students.
In addition to the fees, students are expected to finance travel to and accommodation during block-seminars and other events themselves. Please note that unfortunately we are not able to provide interpreting services into the various sign languages used by Deaf participants. However, we aim to provide interpretation between English and International Sign for blockseminars, where required.